How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Half Moon Bay BV collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our websites
- subscribers to our newsletter or those who request a brochure from us
- people who notify under the Data Protection Act
- job applicants and our current and former employees
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits www.halfmoonbay.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is anonymous and cannot be identified. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will disclose this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
We automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, which websites or search terms referred you to our site, and information about how you interact with the site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
This cookie is used for the user session when the user logs into the website.
Our website search queries and results are logged anonymously to help us improve our website and search functionality. No user-specific data is collected by either Half Moon Bay or any third party.
People who contact Half Moon Bay via social media
We use a third party provider, Hootsuite to manage our social media interactions. If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored by Hootsuite for three months. It will not be shared with any other organisations.
People who call Half Moon Bay
When you call Half Moon Bay BV we collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information. We use this information to help manage incoming calls.
People who email Half Moon Bay
We use Outlook 2016. We will monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
People who place an order with Half Moon Bay / request to open a Trade account
We have to hold the details of the people who have requested an account. We only use these details to evaluate the request, open an account, conduct ongoing business, send brochures, emails and for other closely related marketing purposes. When people do subscribe to our emails or mailing list they can cancel their subscription at any time and are given an easy way of doing this.
If your application for a Trade account is unsuccessful we will delete your data.
Job applicants, current and former Half Moon Bay employees
Half Moon Bay is the data controller for the information you provide during the process unless otherwise stated.
Half Moon Bay may process and store the following information:
- Successful applicant CV’s and applications - stored electronically and/or hardcopy on personnel filing system. This will only be shared with management and HR function. This information is kept in order to have knowledge of employees' experience and capabilities.
- Home address - stored electronically and/or hardcopy on personnel filing system. This will only be shared with management and HR function. Half Moon Bay keep this information for emergencies and if correspondence needs to be sent. Once the member of staff has left the business and we have finalised the paperwork this information will be deleted/destroyed.
- Personal phone numbers - stored electronically and/or hardcopy on personnel filing system. This will only be shared with management and HR function. Half Moon Bay keep this information for emergencies and if needs to contact. Once the member of staff has left the business we will continue to hold this information for up to 1 year with consent of individual.
- Health information - stored electronically and/or hardcopy on personnel filing system. This will only be shared with management and HR function. We keep to ensure we are aware of anything that may affect their ability to do their job, or should any emergencies arise. Once the member of staff has left the business and we have finalised the paperwork this information will be deleted/destroyed.
- Appraisal documents - stored electronically and/or hardcopy on personnel filing system. This will only be shared with management and HR function. Kept in order to track employees performance and to ensure any set targets are met etc.
- Documents and correspondence relating to someone’s abilities within their role, any concerns, positive comments etc. - stored electronically and/or hardcopy on personnel filing system. This will only be shared with management and HR function. Kept in order to monitor employees performance and progression and to prove any successes or problems. Once the member of staff has left the business and we have finalised the paperwork this information will be deleted/destroyed.
- Attendance information - stored electronically and/or hardcopy on personnel filing system. This will only be shared with management and HR function. Kept to monitor employees performance. Also kept for pay purposes and to ensure terms of contract are met regarding holiday and sickness allowances. Once the member of staff has left the business and we have finalised the paperwork this information will be deleted/destroyed.
If you have any queries about the process or how we handle your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will we do with the information you provide to us?
All of the information you provide during the process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes or store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
What information do we ask for, and why?
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You don’t have to provide what we ask for but it might affect your application if you don’t.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
Complaints or queries
Half Moon Bay tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Half Moon Bay’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to email@example.com
Access to personal information
Half Moon Bay BV tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a "subject access request" under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to Half Moon Bay for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing to the address provided below.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes.
Disclosure of personal information
In many circumstances we will not disclose personal data without consent. However when we investigate a complaint, for example, we will need to share personal information with the organisation concerned and with other relevant bodies.
You can also get further information on:
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on personal data without consent for example, to prevent and detect crime and to produce anonymised statistics;
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete personal data; and
- how we check that the information we hold is accurate and up to date.
It is up to you what information you share with our Reps and Sales Team. This information is only held for up to 12 months after account closure whilst we process account settlement, removal from our records etc.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 23rd May 2018.
How to contact us
Half Moon Bay BV
De Vest 60,